The Platform Secretariat is looking for an intern who will support the Platform's programmatic activities.
We offer an exciting set of tasks with responsibility in a small and motivated team as well as the possibility to bring in own ideas.
// Main tasks
As part of the team, his/her specific tasks include:
- Organise and follow-through of work in the area of Aid Effectiveness and Agriculture, Rural Development and Food Security, including supervising studies, organising networking and information sessions, corresponding with members, partners etc., preparing inputs for website
- Prepare and disseminate minutes from meetings, and input into conference reports
- Support organisation of the Platform Annual General Assembly
- Support event organisation such as meetings, conferences, workshops (previous interns have helped to organise and report from CFS 37, ShareFair, HLF4 Busan)
- Support Secretariat activities where needed
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture and Rural Development or related fields
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and spoken skills
- Good German language skills
- Experience or keen interest to work in the area of international development cooperation
- Interpersonal and intercultural competencies
// Location and duration
Starting period: 12 August 2013
Length of assignment: 6 months
Compensation: 950 €/month
Location of assignment: Bonn, Germany
Important: Based on GIZ internal rules any internship will have to start no later than 6 months after graduation!
Closing date for applications: 2 June 2013