Together with members IFAD and World Bank the Platform coorganises this event in Addis Abeba on 18-20 June.
All member organisations of the Platform are invited to take part in IFAD's regional learning event on scaling up in agriculture and rural development in Africa. The event will provide an opportunity to learn from scaling up experiences on the ground, apply scaling up methodology to key ARD subsectors and formally launch the scaling up community of practice.
At the World Bank SDN 2013 conference, IFAD announced a lauch of an umbrella programme for systematic support of the implementation of the next phase of IFAD scaling up agenda. The programme would involve a multitrack approach to change management, including:
- Proactive support to the elaboration of country level framework for scaling up
- Exploring different entry points to corporate capacity development
- Focused approach to partnership building and outreach for resource mobilisation in support of IFAD regional programmes, to expand the community of practice and learning alliance for scaling up
The following sessions will be held at the regional learning event in Addis Abeba in June:
- June 18__ Regional conference on scaling up in ARD sector: concepts and issues, experiences and the way forward
- June 19__ Panel discussions on scaling up key thematic areas of relevance to Africa's ARD sector development: what works, what does not and why in the areas of:
- Land tenure
- Inclusive commodity value chains, and linking smallholder farmers to markets
- Scaling up climate change adaptation
- Public-Private Partnerships in the ARD sector
- June 20__ Scaling up write-shop
// Interview with Cheikh Sourang
Ahead of the event, the Platform secretariat conducted an interview with Cheikh Sourang, who is Senior Programme Manager at IFAD's Knowledge and Strategy Department, to provide "first-hand" insights about the main challenges in implementing the scaling-up approach. Cheikh Sourang shares information about the methods and instruments of IFAD's scaling up initiative and speaks about examples of how scaling up works in the development field, highlighting such aspects of the scaling up process such as the development of a knowledge base and building up of learning alliance.