Coordinator Dr Monika Midel
Responsible for website content
Secretariat of the
Global Donor Platform for Rural Development
at GIZ Offices
Godesberger Allee 119
T +49 228 249-341-66
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Registered Offices Bonn and Eschborn, Germany
Registered at local court (Amtsgericht) Bonn, Germany: HRB 18384 / Frankfurt am Main, Germany: HRB 12394
VAT ID no. DE 113891176
Chairman of the supervisory board
Hans-Jürgen Beerfeltz, State Secretary
Tanja Gönner (Chair), Dr Christoph Beier (Vice-Chair), Dr Hans-Joachim Preuß, Tom Pätz, Cornelia Richter
// Cofinancing partners
- African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- European Commission (EC)
- Finland – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- French Development Agency (AFD)
- Germany – Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Italy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Netherlands – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- United Kingdom – Department for International Development (DFID)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Bank
- World Food Programme (WFP)
II. What information does the Platform Secretariat collect?
If you register for an email newsletter or join a discussion group you will be asked for personal information, such as your name, email address, and organisation. The information provided is used for technical and customer administration of the site only and will never be shared with third parties.
Non-personally identifiable information
The Platform Secretariat has contracted with a third-party vendor to track and analyse non-personally identifiable information about the usage of the Platform website. All data collected by the vendor, xmnr.net, is owned and used by the Platform Secretariat.
Information collected is non-personally identifiable, and only summaries of visitor’s behavior is produced. Examples of this type of information include statistics on which pages are most popular and which are least popular. The information collected cannot be traced back to a particular individual.
The purpose of this data collection is so that the Platform Secretariat can better understand the preferences of its visitors and improve its site and services. This information collected is never connected with any personal information you supply to us if you register on our website.
In addition, the Platform also records your IP address, which is the Internet address of your computer, and information such as your browser type and operating system. This information helps us learn about the geographical distribution of our website visitors and the technology they use to access our site. This information is never connected with the personal information you supply to us if you register on our website.
III. What if I don’t want to share my information?
Registering on our site is optional. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use the Platform website. However, you will not be able to download some resources, participate in the forums or receive email newsletters. The Platform Secretariat views the customer information that it collects as a trusted asset for which we take great care in not misusing.
If you register for a newsletter, forum, consultation, or conference the Platform Secretariat will not share, sell, distribute or rent your information to anyone. If you enter into a transaction on our Publications web site, your information will not be shared unless you indicate that you would like to receive information from UN agencies, multilateral banks or international organisations with whom we occasionally share mailing address information. However, we will never share your email address with these organisations.
Piwik web analytics and user tracking “privacy compliant”
This website uses Piwik in highest compliance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), for analysing the website traffic and for tracking user actions, such as downloads or links clicked.
Automatically anonymised visitor IPs
By default, Piwik stores any visitors IP address in the database for each new visitor. If a user has a static IP address this means his browsing history could be easily tracked across several days and even across websites tracked within the same Piwik server.
To ensure that the visitors IP is not stored, which is Personally Identifiable Information (PII), IP anonymisation is enabled, with at least 2 bytes masked from the IP.
Deletion of old visitors logs
Piwik is configured to automatically delete the older logs from the database. For privacy reasons, we keep the detailed Piwik logs for only 3 to 6 months and delete older log data.
Web analytics opt-out feature (using an iFrame)
Below, visitors can “opt-out” being tracked by the Piwik server. By default, all of the website visitors are tracked, but if you opt-out by clicking on the iframe link, a cookie ‘piwik_ignore’ will be set. All visitors with a piwik_ignore cookie will not be tracked.
Respect DoNotTrack preference
Do Not Track is a technology and policy proposal that enables users to opt out of tracking by websites they do not visit, including analytics services, advertising networks, and social platforms. By default, Piwik respects users preference and will not track visitors which have specified “I do not want to be tracked” in their web browsers. For more information about DoNotTrack, check out donottrack.us.
The Platform Secretariat employs a range of technologies to protect the information maintained on our systems from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
V. How to contact us
VI. Notification of changes
- IP address
- When your browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s ‘IP address’ (IP stands for ‘Internet Protocol’.). For many users accessing the internet from a dial-up Internet service provider (ISP), the IP address will be different every time you log on. The Platform Secretariat does this to learn about the geographical make-up of its web site traffic.
// Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions
- The Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (‘the Platform’) maintains this website as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the website (‘users’). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The Platform is pleased to allow users to visit the website and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, ‘resources’) from the website for user’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this website.
- The Platform administers this website. The Platform is constituent of member, like the World Bank Group, which is comprised of IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development); IDA (International Development Association); IFC (International Finance Corporation); MIGA (Multilateral Guarantee Agency); and ICSID (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes). All resources on this website from the various members of the Platform appears on this website subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the Platform may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the resources on this website are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the Platform Board of Executive Directors or the countries they represent.
- Materials provided on this site are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Platform specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. The Platform periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the resources on this website without notice. Under no circumstances shall the Platform be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this website, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this website at a user’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Platform or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the Platform has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The user specifically acknowledges and agrees that the Platform is not liable for any conduct of any user.
- This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. The Platform does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither the Platform nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any user or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
- As a condition of use of this website, a user agrees to indemnify the Platform and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out user’s use of this website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by user of these terms and conditions. If user is dissatisfied with any material on this website or with any of terms and conditions of use of this website, the user’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this website.
- Nothing in this website or any resources shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations.
// Links to third-party web sites
- This website contains links to third-party websites. The linked websites are not under the control of the Platform and the Platform is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Platform provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked website by the Platform.
- If this website contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, ‘fora’), user agrees to use the forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, user agrees that when using a forum, user shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- User acknowledges that all forums or discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, user acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by the Donorplatform, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by the Platform. The Platform reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the forums received from users, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
// Applicable law and jurisdiction
- This agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of Bonn, Germany. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal courts located in Bonn, Germany.
// Preservation of Immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the Platform, which are specifically reserved.
- The Platform reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any resources in any respect. The Platform shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- The Platform reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this website or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by the Platform of any provision of this agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorised representative.
// Current situation
While we are committed to accessibility, we are aware, and regret, that our website does not comply with many WCAG/508 requirements, though it validates with xHTML 1.0 Transitional. The site is Joomla! based, and as such, will be compliant when Joomla! meets requirements.
// Future plans
We are dedicated to complying with all current web standards (xHTML, CSS, WCAG/508) and best practices. This will become possible as the Joomla! engine addresses known issues.
Existing content created before the implementation of Joomla! 1.5 may not be properly marked up. Efforts may be made to revise and edit that content, depending on time constraints. New content will be properly marked up.
// Third party applications
In some situations, Joomla! will require the use of 3rd party applications to assist with the functions of the website. Features such as a forum, or a calendar were not programmed by the Joomla! development team. While we will aim to improve accessibility to those parts of our website, compliance remains outside of our control.
Permissions and trademarks
// Rights and permissions
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of Platform copyrighted materials, for example, photographs, video footage, or other Platform materials, please submit your detailed request in writing. Please be sure to include any surrounding copy or text to the Platform material.
Marketing or advertising requests (which may include promotions/givewaways, sponsorship, product placement and partnership requests) may be emailed to us.
For use of Platform copyrighted or trademarked material in third party works (eg., books, publications or media/broadcast) please email your detailed request and include the following:
- Specific image(s) or material for which you are seeking permission
- Surrounding copy or text to the Platform material you wish to use in your project
- Publisher, if applicable
- Publishing date (and countries), if applicable
- Title, if applicable
- How the Platform and its products fit into your project
- Your deadline
The following guidelines are provided for the use of certain copyrighted materials, such as images, audio files and text; and for the use of certain trademarked materials, such as logos, marks, and icons. These materials are owned by the Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (‘Platform’) and provided under license. To use such materials, you must first agree to the following license terms:
- The materials available for download on this site are subject to these license terms, as well as any specific guidelines contained herein. If you download any materials from this site, you agree to be bound by these license terms as well as the specific guidelines related to the materials you wish to download.
- You may not sell, alter, modify, license, sublicense, copy, or use the materials in any way other than has been specifically authorised by the Platform Secretariat in the permissions and trademark guidelines described herein.
- You acknowledge that the Platform Secretariat reserves the right to revoke the authorisation to view, download, and print the materials available on this site at any time, and for any reason; and such authorisation shall be deemed to be discontinued immediately upon the removal of these materials from the site.
- You acknowledge that any rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title. You do not obtain any ownership right, title, or other interest in the Platform Secretariat copyrighted materials or trademarks by downloading, copying, or otherwise using these materials.
- The Platform shall not be liable to you or any other party for any loss of revenue or profit or for indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or other similar damages, whether based on tort (including, without limitation, negligence or strict liability), contract, or other legal or equitable grounds even if the Platform has been advised or had reason to know of the possibility of such damages.
- Any materials are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. The Platform specifically disclaims all express, statutory, or implied waranties relatingto these materials, including but not limited to those concerning merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of any third-party rights regarding the materials.