EU Heads of Agriculture and Rural Development (HARDs) meeting
The next meeting of the Heads of Agriculture and Rural Development (HARDs) will take place in Brussels at the end of June (the date to be confirmed) to discuss the progress of the implementation plan on food and nutrition security and to introduce two new technical working groups.
// Technical working groups
At the last HARDs meeting in Helsinki in December, a proposal was made to create two new technical working groups, following the success of the EU working group on land. These two groups would concern:
- Sustainable agriculture (greening, climate change, resilience).
- Private sector (including blending, public-private-partnerships, and focusing on inclusiveness, pro-poor and domestic private sector).
// Draft agenda
Proposed items to be discussed at the HARDs meeting in June include the following:
- Follow up of the implementation plan – development of a scorecard and methodology for reporting and communication
- Progress on the Nutrition Action Plan Information point on the Resilience Action Plan
- An introduction to the 2 new technical working groups
- Information point on G8 hunger and nutrition event (8th June)
- Information point on 2014-2020 programming