The Secretariat of the Global Donor Platform is looking for a full-time intern to support the team in Bonn from 1 July to 31 December 2019.
I. About the Platform
The Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (Platform) is a network of 40 bilateral and multilateral donors, international financing institutions, intergovernmental organisations and development agencies. Members share a common vision that agriculture, rural development and food security are central to poverty reduction, and a conviction that sustainable and efficient development requires a coordinated global approach.
By organising a Annual General Assembly, side-events and implementing a set of formats and tools, e.g. webinars, roundtables etc. the Global Donor Platform provides an open space for debate and possible consensus building by Platform members, partners and invited guests on emerging topics in agriculture and rural development (ARD). In these events, participants can benefit from the core functions of the Donor Platform: knowledge sharing, advocacy and networking on key development issues that directly or indirectly affect the lives of people in the rural space. The Platform Secretariat maintains its own website and issues a monthly e-newsletter.
The Secretariat of the Platform serves the Platform members and is hosted by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Bonn, Germany, with staff and financial services administered by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. For more information visit: http://www.donorplatform.org.
The tasks of the intern at the Secretariat of the Global Donor Platform include, but are not limited to:
1. Support of communication activities
- Support with drafting, editing and publishing articles for the website as well as editing/proof reading of other publications
- Support with production of public information and awareness-raising material
- Assist the Secretariat staff in the compilation of an electronic newsletter
- Assist the Secretariat in maintaining an interactive event calendar shared with members
- Assist the Secretariat in further developing a Members Only Toolbox, which provides services and tools to all Platform members)
- Supports the Secretariat with monitoring Platform output
2. Support of event management
- Support the documentation and follow-up of the Platform’s Annual General Assembly 2019
- Support the organisation and documentation of meetings, conferences, workshops
- Logistic and technical support where needed
- Travel to and report from events when required
3. Thematic support
- Support Agriculture and rural Development (ARD) advisers with thematic work and Thematic Working Group activities in the areas defined by the Platform’s work plan
- Assist ARD advisers in knowledge management and documentation
- Prepare and disseminate minutes from meetings, and input into conference reports
- Prepare and present an internship report
We offer an exciting set of tasks in a small and motivated team, as well as the possibility to bring in own ideas. We expect:
- At least a first level university degree in Communications, Development Studies, Agriculture and Rural Development, Geography, Political Science, or related fields and experience or keen interest to work in the area of international development cooperation. (The intern must be currently enrolled as a student or have completed the degree programme within the last 6 months before applying.)
- Excellent skills in writing and reporting in English are manadatory; good German language skills are an asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS office tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote
- Commitment and enthusiasm and interpersonal and intercultural competencies
- Knowledge of communication monitoring tools (e.g. Piwik/Matomo) is an asset
- Experience in journalism or public relations would be an advantage
- Experience in event management would be an advantage
- Proven experience with website content management systems, ideally Contao; a good grip of other communications technology (video conference calls, webinars etc.) would be an advantage
IV. Location and duration
Duration: 1 July– 31 December 2019, 39 hours a week
Location of assignment: GIZ GmbH, Bonn, Germany
For questions regarding tasks and responsibilities, please contact the Secretariat of the Global Donor Platform for Rural Development, Laura Barrington: Tel. +49 228 4460 3967, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a motivation letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 24 May 2019.